Delivering new opportunities in a B2B eCommerce platform
A ReactionCommerce platform to grow online businesses
Menasa is a Kuwaiti company supporting online retailers in starting their journey in the eCommerce industry. It offers a platform built to convert, scale, and thrive. Menasa contacted Selleo in 2020 to seek help with resolving the challenges of their existing platform and make their solution stand out from competitors.
The project’s main goal was to cut the high cost of maintaining existing e-commerces providing an easy setup and customizable solution for retailers. Having the client’s MVP (Minimum Viable Product) requirements in mind, we chose to build a solution based on an open-source platform - ReactionCommerce with adjustment in Node.js at the backend. The frontend was built from scratch with React.js and NextJS.
The platform should deliver exceptional eCommerce experiences for both retailers and their shoppers. It aimed to overcome such challenges as:
- The high cost of maintenance
- Complicated and time-consuming setup
- Offer an Open ecosystem of integrations and rapidly integrate new functionality using thousands of open source packages.
- Create a unique and user-friendly design (UX/UI)
- Deliver customizable platform
- Higher conversion rate
- Get mobile-ready solution
To manage the development process and ensure communication with Menasa, we chose a Scrum methodology. Each iteration started with sprint planning where the goal was specified and tasks were distributed amongst developers. Thanks to daily standups, we were able to synchronize on the progress, plans and potential obstacles.
Each iteration ended with a sprint review - a demo session and a progress review from the end-user perspective.
The customer would also initially receive a written report after each sprint. Later on, we mutually decided to shift into providing daily updates.
We used Slack and Google Meet for communication and it worked well.
See what other clients say about us.
Learn what entrepreneurs, business and technology leaders who are after software driven innovation think about our collaboration.
Selleo has proven to be one of the best outsource development partners we've ever used. They are reliable, communicative, always helpful, consistently deliver to a high standard and are an absolute pleasure to work with too.
All-in-One B2B eCommerce platform
The new e-commerce B2B platform allows Menasa to have a solution that stands out in a very demanding and competitive market, manages to shine, offering easy setup and user-friendly eStore websites with cost-effective maintenance, contributing to their revenue growth.
Moreover, the vendors received the eCommerce platform powered by customizable end-user profiles managing their personal preferences. They can now enjoy a flexible product pricing tool and an intuitive merchandise inventory.
Some of the high functionality given by Menasa single eCommerce platform:
- The open ecosystem of integrations
- Internationalization - Localize your shop with language translations, currency conversions, and right-to-left templates
- Product & Variant Management - Manage your catalogue with an intuitive product editor, merchandising tools, and a sophisticated publishing workflow.
- Inventory Management - Simple track your inventory status
- Universal Tags - Organize products into a structured hierarchy with dynamic tag taxonomy. Create search indexes, categories, and links based on an infinite number of attributes, such as type, season, and sale.
- Notifications - Enable email notifications for customers when they place an order.