Software Development Services
We serve business and tech leaders building custom software
surveys reveal the average score for product and service quality in the last two years have been 90.2% and 91.4% respectively. We keep working to go beyond that.
I look for 5 key things in a software development partner: great programmers, consistent quality, excellent value, a responsive management team, and a fun experience. Selleo is a solid 5 out of 5 by my standards.
Years in business
Designers & developers
7 Keys to Effective Custom Software Development
Custom software development is the process of design and building software solutions for a specific set of users, functions or organizations. It is also referred to as bespoke software. Custom software helps to increase productivity or address an internal need. It integrates and consolidates data, systems, and processes.
Start with simple software solution and small chunk of requirements. Once it proves to be valuable and profitable, subsequent extensions of the software is always an option. This apprach is known as lean software development and can be summarized by seven principles:
- Eliminate waste like wrong features and unnecessarily complex solutions.
- Amplify learning with short development cycles (sprints) and early validation by end users.
- Decide as late as possible. The agile development approach promotes delaying certain crucial decisions until customers have realized their needs better.
- Deliver as fast as possible to recognize specific requirements and environment the solutions will be operating in.
- Empower the team by letting developers explain what actions might be taken, as well as provide suggestions.
- Build integrity in. This could be good communication on requirements and clear acceptance criteria.
- Optimize the whole. Custom software is not simply the sum of its parts, but also the product of its interactions.