Flexible and personalised dashboard for self-driven learning
Our client from Sydney, Australia wanted to create a social e-learning platform available for everybody, not just students. An educational solution which is equipped with a simple design and uncomplicated interface, allows to motivate and encourages more curiosity from learners. It should deliver flexible and personalised dashboard that incorporates parts of machine learning into online and face to face learning for the best results.
The platform should address the needs and be used by:
- authors and experts to enable social learning and share interests into learning communities
- teachers and schools to introduce technology to classrooms and accelerate learning for students
- teams and businesses to aid in team building, cooperation and get people organised to learn
Process and Project Scope
Virtual team with 8 hours long time difference
Neutopia looked for a software development house to create a better platform for learning from a teacher’s and student's point of view. Having the part of UX designs and the information architecture design the client was in the need of back-end and front-end services, and some UX design help. As they planned to expand the project, their outsourcing partner should be able to adapt a team velocity to the current needs.
A complete school at your fingertips
The solution developed aims to help the students discover new content and create own playlists and bookmarks and is thought to be “a complete school at your fingertips.”
The materials can be gathered from different sources, tagged, rated, reviewed and shared either publicly or privately. The user can create their own influencer profile, add comments and ratings to other profiles and upload contents associated with specific topics. The contents can be uploaded easily from the desktop or embedded from YouTube / Vimeo – video, Amazon – books, SlideShare – presentations and other websites. The platform supports features including:
- playlists to organize the best content and share it with others
- recommendations based on the interests to discover even more materials
- analytics presenting the most popular content among other students
- goals and asks assignment to stay on track to personal success
- progress bar to check learning progress regularly
This educational platform can be used by both individuals and educational institutions who want to promote their resources or courses. Moreover, it addresses the specific needs of:
- authors and experts where peer to peer learning is the best way to grow together
- teachers and schools delivering a place where people can learn from one another
- teams and businesses that what to create a shared culture of appreciation and common purpose
Selleo excelled at the interpersonal parts of software design as well as the technical elements. They used daily communication to keep the project in check. Their company culture clearly nurtured an energetic and informal working environment.
A Ruby on Rails application integrated with the biggest social platforms
This publishing and e-learning platform was integrated with YouTube, Vimeo, Amazon, SlideShare, MeetUp, EventBrite, and Facebook. Being Ruby on Rails development team we developed the back-end of the application in Rails 4 with the use of recommendation, ranking, and full-text search engines. Angular, React, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS 3 and jQuery were used to develop the responsive front-end.