SELF-ORGANIZING TEAMS. UNICORNS OR THE REAL DEAL.
My presentation from Agile in the City conference showing how we used the agile approach to create a self-organising company. Starting with Management 3.0 tools and techniques and coaching people how to be self-organised and self-managed, we created a company without managers which is now based on the circles and roles as seen in Holacracy or Sociocracy 3.0.
Our approach is designed around the ‘6 Es of self-organisation’:
- enable everyone to improve the system
- engage people and their interactions
- encourage a knowledge sharing culture
- employ for attitude not for skill
- empower people to create the system
- ensure happiness at work