Even in 2020, React.js and React Native still remain ones of the most popular frameworks for front-end development. Thanks to its declarative nature, React is used to build interactive user interfaces with great ease and flexibility as well as easy updating and rendering of components.
Because React is constantly providing developers with good work experiences and the advantage to change any component at any point, every year there are new React engineers on the market.
If you are currently looking to hire the best React software engineer, this article is for you. I will also share my story of how I become one. Let's discuss together how to hire amazing React developers.
What is React.js and React Native
The main purpose of React.js is to be fast, scalable while remaining simple and giving the developers the ability to create components that can be used as skeletons for applications.
Thanks to React Native, developers that were previously working with web technologies are able to create powerful mobile applications.
The popularity of React and who uses it?
The popularity of a framework can be easily measured and over time it can show the ongoing trends in the programming community.
According to Stackoverflow's 2020 survey, React is the first most wanted web framework and the second most loved web framework. If compared to Angular or Vue.js, React is still at the top. What is more, react has over 1 million repositories of GitHub.
React.js is well-loved in the industry and is used by some of the most popular enterprises like:
A vacation rental online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out their properties with people who are looking for accommodation in a given localization. It currently covers more than 81 000 cities and 191 countries worldwide.
A free photo and video sharing mobile app owned by Facebook. It allows users to upload photos and videos and share them with their followers. As of January 2020, there are nearly 1 billion monthly active users and nearly 500 million daily active users. The like button is hit an average of 4.2 billion times per day.
The world's leading subscription-based media streaming platform operating in almost every country in the world. There are over 165.1 million Netflix paying subscribers with an average watching time hitting around 2 hours per day.
A visual discovery engine for finding ideas like home and style inspirations, recipes, etc. Pinterest has 322 million monthly active users and there are over 2000 billion pins saved.
An American massive open online course provider aimed at professional adults and students. The platform allows to master new skills and achieve goals with career opportunities. Its mission is to improve lives through learning with extensive multi-language libraries and thousands of courses.
If you want to read more about successful companies using React.js, head out to the post Top 10 Companies Using React.js.
Benefits of using React
Now it is time to discuss the benefits of React.js both from a business owner's perspective as well as a developer's point of view.
- popularity - React is a stable and mature technology that has been gaining popularity throughout the years and is not going anywhere anytime soon.
- cost-effective - there is no need to spend money thanks to the shortened time to market
- great user experience - thanks to features like Concurrent Mode, virtual DOM or React Fiber, React apps are super fast, positively influencing user experience.
- performance and speed - React is known for its speed and amazing performance. If it is good for Netflix and Instagram, it will definitely be good enough for you too.
- time-to-market - especially for startups, time-to-market is crucial. By using React for web app development, you can build your product faster, release an MVP for testing and later on make changes accordingly.
- easy to hire developers - the stable popularity of the framework means the talent pool of React engineers is growing with the demand for them. It should not be hard to find qualified developers for your project.
- Concurrent Mode - a set of features making React apps fast and user-friendly. It makes them adapt to the user's device capabilities and network speed.
- backward compatibility - the public API remains almost the same every year making it easier to refresh the code while using its old pieces.
- app development time - with ready-to-use solutions, reusable components and a ‘Create React App' starter kit, React.js is not only fast in load speed, but also the development time.
- Custom React Renderers - thanks to it you can build custom implementation
- community - there is a great chance that the problem you are facing has already been solved by somebody, so it will be easy to find help among other React contributors.
- modularity - every component and subcomponent can be reused whenever and wherever. Modularity also means React apps are easy to scale - you can start small and build up from there.
How did I become a React Native developer?
Now it is the time to tell my personal story of how I became a React Native developer.
How to hire React developers?
Let's talk about the main topic of this article now: how to hire a React.js developer for your project. There are two ways to go about this, either hire in-house or outsource the development. Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages to both.
The pros of developers hiring in-house are a cultural fit, facet-to-face communication possibilities and quicker changes. However, in-house software development means higher costs as you have to take care of expenses like rent, taxes, software and hardware and obviously the salary. What is more, the staff turnover is always more possible as software developers have a tendency to change the working place quite often because of the market's demand. Hiring in-house can also be challenging when it comes to finding the right talent and the hiring process.
A perfect solution for the problems with in-house development is outsourcing. According to Statista, the IT-application outsourcing market is expected to amount to approximately 96.7 billion U.S. Dollars by 2021. Outsourcing offers great cost flexibility as a lot of companies, like Selleo, that offer those services offer affordable prices. You also gain access to a huge worldwide talent pool with unlimited hiring opportunities. Ease of scalability is also a big advantage. With outsourcing, you can expect a faster project delivery as it reduces the time spent on recruiting.
React Native allows you to utilize the concepts of React for building native apps so every web developer familiar with JS web technologies is able to create powerful mobile solutions.
Outsourcing is a perfect way to find skilled React developers. It gives you access to a wide talent pool while remaining cost-effective. Software development houses like Selleo can offer you React development services suited for the needs of the project and your requirements. Contact us to find out more about the web application building process and discuss the product we can create together.